- How to migrate the Blippit App Maker projects made prior to moving over to Google Apps for Education integrated user account
What does it mean to use my Google Apps account to log in to Blippit?
After following the one-time Set Up Process, logging in to Blippit by pressing the 'Sign in with Google' button means that your children/teachers need never remember a username or password again for Blippit. Changes made to your password via Google Apps for Education don't affect how you log in to Blippit.
Requirements for signing in with Google Apps for Education (GAFE)
- Your school must have a Free or Upgraded Blippit account already registered.
- Keep the original 'Welcome' email, that you received from us, safe as it contains the master Blippit Administrator (Admin) account log in details. You will need these later.
One-Time Process for getting the Google Apps for Education Log In activated for your school
- Your school must already have a Free or Upgraded Blippit account already registered.
- Keep the original 'Welcome' email safe as it contains the master Blippit Administrator (Admin) account log in details. You will need these details in the future if school ever opts to not authenticate with Google anymore. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are ever in this scenario.
- Click the 'Log in with Google' button & enter your Google account details to proceed to log in. Google uses popups for authentication, so make sure your browser isn't blocking them if you are experiencing problems (Help)
- You are now logged in as a **regular student** Blippit User account.
Blippit Support next needs to make your new Google user account into a **Blippit Administrator**
- Email email@example.com to confirm that your user Google user account has successfully logged in using Google authentication. We will convert this account to a Blippit Administrator and confirm this change with you.
- Log back in and visit the User Admin area with your newly created & Google authenticated account via the Google log in button.
Switch Control Panel -> User Admin -> Manage Users (tab) ->
Scroll Right to see the Admin Column & tick this option next to your new Google account -> Confirm
- You will be able to see User Management now as a Blippit Admin account.
- Children can now log in to Blippit simply by clicking the Sign in with Google button.
- Teachers can log in to Blippit in the same way as the children but you will need to manually convert them into Blippit Administrators (repeat step 4 for each teacher)
Where are my school's Google Integrated Blippit users listed?
Users accounts are created on-the-fly at the moment a person clicks the Sign in with Google button (see above). They are then listed in the User Admin area of Blippit.
Here's how you can eventually see them after they have signed in with Google
- Follow this click path
Switch Control Panel -> User Admin -> Manage Users (tab)
- See your users listed. At first this will be just your own account(s) until children/teachers log in at which point the list will grow.
- Add Group information if you want to (e.g. year group) in the Groups column by each user
- Under normal use, simply click the button and pick your school Google account to log in automatically.
- If you get knocked back it is likely that school has not triggered it's integration by with Blippit.
- If your school has teachers on one Google Domain and students on another then you will need to send us the student domain only and create teachers an account on the student domain. The integration won't work if a teacher only has an aliased Google account - it must be a full one on the same domain as the students.
- It is not unusual for people to have more than one Google address so make sure you pick the correct one.
Using a shared or public computer?
- untick the option to stay signed in to Google if you are given this option