- How to migrate the Blippit App Maker projects made prior to moving over to Office 365 integrated user accounts
What does it mean to use my Office 365 account to log in to Blippit?
After following the Set Up Process below, students log in to Blippit via the 'Sign in with Office' button & need never have to remember an additional username or password again for Blippit.
Public Ministry of Education UAE Schools log in here. Office 365 integration is already done and you don't need to follow the steps below.
If you can't log in please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Private schools in the UAE should log in here. A teacher or technician will need to follow the steps below. If you are a student, please speak to your school first for help.
Requirements for signing in with Office 365 Log In Authentication
- Your school must already have a Free or Upgraded Blippit account already registered.
- Keep the original 'Welcome' email safe as it contains the master Blippit Administrator (Admin) account log in details. You will need these later.
Onetime Process for getting Office 365 Log In activated for your school
This is done by the Blippit Admin who will be a teacher or school technical support person.
- First, use your master Blippit Admin account details to log in to Blippit as normal.
These are found in the first ever email you received from Blippit.
Don't try to connect with Office 365 at this stage as it won't work yet!
- Follow the click path in Blippit (below) to begin the Office 365 integration process.
Click Switch Control Panel button (left panel) -> User Control ->
Subscription Info button (left panel) -> See 'Click to Discover' link & click it (main panel)->
If requested, Log in to 365 -> See that the 'Click to Discover' link in Blippit has updated to show a long Provider Identifier value
- Copy and paste the Provider Identifier value into an email and send this to email@example.com from a school email address.
- The value will look a bit like this: c95egca2-t1gg-1f00-a9fc-0dbd125231h0
- Office 365 Administrator Tip
Make sure your Office 365 Setup has the option for turning Integrated Apps SET to 'ON'. See Microsoft Article.
- Log in to Blippit by clicking the Sign in with Office button and entering your Office log in
- You are logged in as a regular student Blippit User account.
We need to make you into a Blippit Administrator for your Office 365 account so... Log out again!
- Now Log back in with your Master Blippit Admin Account details.
These are found in the first ever email you received from Blippit that you have kept safe.
- In Blippit's User Admin, find your new Office 365 Blippit User Account and turn it into an Admin User following the click path below.
Switch Control Panel -> User Admin -> Manage Users (tab) -> Scroll Right to see the 'Admin' Column & tick this option next to your new Office 365 account -> Confirm
- For the last time, log out and back in again, but this time use your new Office 365 account.
You will be able to see User Management now because you have successfully made your own Office 365 linked account into a Blippit Admin account.
- Children can now log in to Blippit simply by clicking the Sign in with Office button - there are no extra steps for them. Teachers can log in to Blippit in the same way as the children, BUT you will need to manually convert them into Blippit Administrators (repeat step 4 for each teacher)
Where are my school users listed now?
Users who have successfully clicked the Office 365 Log in button shown on Blippit's log in page (above) are then populated in the User Admin area of Blippit.
Here's how you can see them.
- Follow this click path
Switch Control Panel -> User Admin -> Manage Users (tab)
- See your users listed. Initially this will be just your own account(s) until children/teachers log in
- Add Group information if you want to (e.g. year group) in the Groups column by each user